Friday, October 23, 2009

Food For Thought - Another Salad

This is just a variation on a theme, to show you that you can do anything you like with your salads. Like I said in my earlier entry about salads -- use whatever lettuce or lettuces you like best. I tend toward Romaine, like I did in this video.

Instead of peanuts or sunflower seeds, this time I used pecans. Just go to the health food store and get a cup or so from the bulk bar. That's all you will need.

I used my usual 4 hardboiled eggs, chopped up -- with only ONE of the yolks.

I used some grinds of fresh pepper, which I always love on lettuce.

I sliced up some strawberries ( you will be surprised at how this brightens up this salad) as well as the chunks of orange.

I grilled some chicken slices (strips) in my NuWave Oven and while they are still hot I add them to the rest of this big salad and you're all set. Between the juicy chicken strips, the juicy chunks of orange, the crunch of the pecans, the bite of the pepper, you WON'T need salad dressing. You won't miss it; you won't notice it's gone.

Trust me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home