Monday, October 19, 2009

The Picture Down The Hall Part Twelve

This is one of my very favourite photos - after all, it is of my very favourite place. With absolutely no modesty whatsoever: I just love this picture.




I show this photo a lot. It's of my friends David Basche and his wife Alysia. They are the most wonderful, loving, caring people; and they had me over to their home in New York city -- when we got to the garden I thought I was in some Frances Hodgson Burnett book! And THEY built it! They really are the finest of people and I think of them often because this photo is in almost every one of my portfolios. It's special.


I NEVER do this. Truly. Never.

This is a picture of a stranger.
I saw him lying there in the sun and shot the pic as fast as I could and ran away.
Brian d'arcy James brought his wife, Jennifer, and their daughter, Grace, to the park and let me shadow them. It was this marvelous day of adventure and playtime and when it came time for mom and dad to rest for a moment, Grace kept on moving (as children are known to do). The great thing about this photo is that it wasn't planned. When I snapped the pic, she just happened to turn and look at me.


I've been experimenting with digital photography. I've not found either my groove or my voice but I'm having fun - especially with the editing of the photos on the computer. In this photo of Danielle, I was playing around with the tints and the colours -- a novice at the artform, I found myself really delighted by the results. Of course, she ain't chopped liver either.




My friends Carmen and Timothy are a husband and wife classical music team. When they need photos, the fly in from the Midwest and we do the pics. What I love about them is that they are splendid people and they trust me. They don't want the normal boring photos but they can't get too wild; so we can get a little glamourous and have some fun as long as they aren't out of control in the pics. This is one of my favourites because I am especially queer for the way it's lit.


In a previous story I showed a black and white photo of Kristine W in her Nolan Miller gown at the Waldorf Astoria... I couldn't leave it there, though. Will you LOOK at the colours!!









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home