Monday, October 19, 2009

The Picture Down The Hall: The Tony Awards Photos

I have these Tony Awards.

They're not mine. I am their caretaker for awhile - the owners have asked me to look after them. They have busy lives and travel and don't want their Tony awards lying around their house. For awhile, the beautiful trophies were in my living room. Now they are in cold storage, where they are safe and where I check on them from time to time.



While they were in my, physical, presence, though, I had a wonderful time collaborating with them and with my friends to make some fun and enjoyable art.



These are some of my very favourites -- I am sure I will post more of the Tony photos in future blogs (and I know that I posted one Tony photo in a previous blog).



Above you can see Brady Schwind in Shubert Alley.



Pat Dwyer with his glass statue of the Spider Woman








It was Jamison Scott's own idea to sit beside the Tony in two different chairs. (in fact, almost all of these photos are like the photos from The Sweater Book in that the model created their own photo - I just took the picture).


I am especially proud of my Tony picture because it is a self portrait done on a self timer with a digital camera. It took forever to get; but I got it.






That's Hunter Gilmore, trying to get out of the house with more than one Tony hidden on his person.


Below you can see William Blake having a little pillow talk with the Tonys.











Marci Reid gathers all the Tonys for herself.


Josh Blye and the Tony are lone wolves.















Jason Gilbert and Michael Buchanan fight over who gets to take the Tony home.

Annalisa Mickelson insists that stage managers are BEHIND the scenes.










Dan Carlisle gets personal with his Tony.




Pat catches Laura Wells trying to get out of the apartment, to the airport and back to Chicago with a Tony.















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home