Monday, October 19, 2009

The Picture Down The Hall: The Beauties

All these years behind the camera have certainly given me my share of opportunities to set my sights on some flawless beauties. I love beauty; doesn't everyone? I agree that there has to be more than just what a person looks like -- and in my life I have been very lucky to know some truly wonderful women who were also truly flawless beauties. So, natch, I made as much good use of those friendships as I could; turning my girlfriends into my artwork.

You will never find a more perfect combination of physical beauty mixed with elegance and grace than Donna Murphy. To have her trust me with my camera is one of the great compliments of my life.

Marci has spent almost her entire adult life in front of my camera. One of the real foxes I have known, I have captured her various moods and personalities (and hairstyles!) throughout our long friendship and this one is one of my favourites. Sexy.

Susan Egan is a multi-faceted creature. And when I say creature I mean that she is something special, something unique, like a rare flower you find in the community garden on 48th street. There is something simultaneously down to earth and ethereal about her.
That makes her an ideal photography model.
A health and fitness fanatic and instructor, Kelly Nelson provided me with a great chance to capture the beauty and sexiness of a woman who is in tune (and in touch!) with her body. What I loved about doing pics of her was the joy of being into health and fitness. It shows on her face, which I really love a lot.





Kristen is (as I have often said) like a beacon of light. Her inner beauty and innate happiness at simply being alive comes through almost every pore of her being, radiating her outer beauty until it becomes a laserbeam of glorious gorgeousness. I have done so many photos of Kristen -- I think I may have to feature a full portfolio of the artwork we created together. Kristen is one of my favourite models.


I was asked to do an ad for a new line of jewelry. It would require an elegant beauty beyond compare; so I called Alison. The thing is this - the jewelry company had had a photo they wanted to use for the campaign. But negotiations broke down between them and (either) the photographer or the model ( I can't remember). So they asked me to recreate the photo for them.

In the end they couldn't use the ad campaign because it was, so clearly, a knock off of the original photo. Nevertheless, I couldn't be prouder of my own work - not just because it's a lovely photo and Alison looks gorgeous in it; but also because recreating it was a bitch of a time.. and we still got it right.






One of my divas, one of the great musical talents I can name and one of the most magnificent beauties I ever saw, I was thrilled (and a little intimidated) by statuesque stunner Kristine W. We did this photo just before she made an appearance at a benefit. For the event she was dressed in vintage Nolan Miller and being put up at the Waldor Astoria. We had happy permission to do this photo in the hotel lobby. What a great day.


There are few things as beautiful as Jennifer Houston, in full girlie hair and makeup, wardrobe, hells, guitar and microphone, her voice raised in song. It's one of my favourite things to see and to shoot.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home