Monday, October 19, 2009

The Picture Down The Hall: Handsome Dudes

Inasmuch as I have loved shooting the pretty women, I have had equal pleasure out of working with the hot guyz. People often think it is a sexy life for me, shooting sexy men and then having sex on the floor of my studio when the shoots are over.

Um. No.

It doesn't happen that way.

Pardon my vulgarity; but, as I have often said to people who think this kind of thing: "Art is art. Fuck is fuck."

I am here to make art.

Hunter is one of my muses. I can always find a reason to do a shot of him and I can always count on the shot being good.
Gabe has been in front of my camera so many times that I can chart his growth as a man by the hairstyle in each photo. I'm lucky to work with Gabe because he is always game for something wild (I have some wacky kinds of demands sometimes) and he never says no. He trusts me and he does what I tell him to do.

You gotta love a guy like that.

The man in the black and white outfit is my husband of 23 years, Pat. They call him 'movie star handsome'. I agree.
To spend 2 plus decades with him in front of your camera is a beautiful thing.

I could look at him forever.
Jimmy Hays Nelson came to me as an actor and print model and we we instantaneous friends. While standing in my living room one day, waiting for me to be ready for a shoot, Jimmy looked so perf that I said "stay right there" -- I put the light on him and this was the picture that came out.

Like a newborn baby, I loved the photo the moment I saw it. It was just so perf.








Can you believe those eyes on Sean? What about the cheeks? The Lips?
Like I said. Art is Art. Fuck is Fuck.
For me, certain days of the week, I'd rather have the art.
It's more fulfilling

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home