Monday, October 19, 2009

The Picture Down The Hall Part Thirteen

Here we go again. ANOTHER picture of Jennifer Houston! Can you tell that she is just one of my favourite models and best artistic collaborators? I swear, I should get down on my knees and thank God and the universe for sending me people like Jen (and the others with whom magic happens during working hours) to create art like that which we create.

There are actual photos of Jen in the bathtub, drinking wine and relaxing, that are in crisp focus and the viewer can see the whole picture...

Where's the fun in that?


This is another of my favourite pics of Donna Murphy. We were doing her portrait for THE BOOK OF NEW YORK and she chose (as her favourite place in NYC) The Delacorte Theater in Central Park. She looks so at home in this setting, so peaceful, so tranquil, so strong. All that and gorgeous too. Have mercy.


Speaking as a weight lifter, dare I say bodybuilder, I was so excited to see this photo taken while Jimmy Nelson was working out.
To me it says everything you can say in a photo about working out.



Photos of people laughing are my favourites. It is when we are, completely and totally ourselves.
That's my girlfriend, Joanna Gleason, being completely and totally herself.

This is one of my earliest works. In college, I was experimenting with light and shadows, skin tones, contrast.. all the things one experiments with when teaching oneself a craft. When this picture of Ann appeared in the developer, before my eyes ( in those days I did my own developing ), it thrilled me. To me it looked like some erotic photograph from the early part of the last century. I loved it.

When I opened an old photo album from my college days, recently, it was being reunited with an old friend. It's been a long time since I printed my own pictures.


I was glad to see it has survived so long.





Did you see this one coming? Another photo of Hunter.

That's the thing about my muses.

We're always there for each other.

Another photo from my college days; I was trying to find my voice as an artist and I thought I should shoot fashion. These were fashions of the time -- the time when women looked to shows like DYNASTY and KNOTS LANDING for inspiration. The truth is I loved this picture because I had to work with available light and it was proof that I could.

This is where my understanding of light began.

Even though Sarah is not Pat's child, nor any relation by blood, I have always loved the paternal feel of this photo. It moves me, so. The love and care of a child is universal; the child need not be yours - the child need only be a child.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home