Friday, August 04, 2006

Chop Wood and Carry Water


I was watching INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO. It's not my favourite show--but I watch it. The truth is there is something unsettling about James Lipton, to me. I admire the way he researches for his interviews, he seems to have good questions, he seems to get good answers out of the guests; but the fact remains that there is something about him that makes me uncomfortable, in spite of the fact that I DO respect him for his work and his effort. That doesn't matter though.

What matters is what I HEARD on the show. He was interviewing Tom Hanks (whom I adore) and asked the fantastic PIVOT questionairre and he asked the question about what profession other than his own Mr Hanks would like to attempt and he said "I would like to be a weekly columnist."

I can appreciate that. I would, too. I should think that would be obvious to anyone who reads this or any of my other blogs. The great thing about Mr. Hanks' choice is that it is WEEKLY.

I try to write every day. It gets difficult. My friend Steve writes every day (ok--almost every day. But he IS consistent). Two days ago I thought to myself "I haven't written in awhile". I must have been on a wavelength because, on that day, I received an email AND a phonecall from Lisa-Gabrielle, wanting to know if I was out of town and why I had not written anything! As the internet saying goes: LOL. I'm in town. I have just been SO incredibly focused on my work (housework, photography work, office work, auction work --I run an online auction site and it is WORK) that I have not been able to sit down and write anything; though I do have a list of story ideas!

So, my dear readers who actually DO show an interest in my writing and in my life (no, no that isn't a swipe at my beloved dad--not much, it isn't), I promise; new stories! Maybe even as early as today.....

photo by Derik Klein

5 Comments:

Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

Great pic, glad your writing again ,is Steve ,SOB STeve?

10:27 AM  
Blogger StephenMosher said...

Thanks. The pic was done years ago for the author photo of my book but I haven't changed much. My muscles have, though..

Yes, that is my Internet friend, Steve. We don't know each other well but I think we like each other and I LOVE reading his blog. As a theater buff, you should, too!!

xoste

11:53 AM  
Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Ste, I was getting worried when I didn't see a new posting from you since last week!

While I'm deeply honored that you enjoy reading my blog (I guess if I've ever become addicted to anything in my life, it's this), I dare say I've really missed reading yours (you'll note via Technorati that I've marked your blog as one of my favorites).

One week is a long time to go without a Ste fix! Glad you're back safe and sound!

12:17 PM  
Blogger StephenMosher said...

Hey Mister. Been missin ya! I took a gander at some of your recent writings. I have a piece brewing based on your GREAT GATSBY review... I can't wait!

I hadn't noted that I am one of your favourites but the knowledge makes me feel very warm inside. It's especially nice because I admire your own writing, so.

It's good to be back at work..

Cheers!
ste

12:57 PM  
Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Can't wait to see your piece on the Great Gatsby!

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home