Friday, July 14, 2006

Una Nocha Mas






Thanks to my excellent friend, Guy Smith (one of the true geniuses I know--is that the correct plural? should it be genii?), I had a truly extraordinary experience recently. I was placed at the foot of the stage at the Pier Dance during Gay Pride 2006 and given the opportunity to photograph the SIREN Jennifer Lopez.

A longtime fan of her work as an actor, a singer, a dancer, a trend setter and one of the all time great beauties, I was beside myself while shooting these photos. My friends Tommy and Wesley were there, basically, acting as my bodyguards, keeping people from bumping into me and shoving me while I was working; and Pat was there to tell me I was doing good...

And speaking of which, Pat got to observe Miss Lopez backstage with her husband, latin superstar Marc Anthony, just before the performance. He was loving and protective, keeping people away from her while she getting ready to go on, protecting her from disturbance, holding her hands, rubbing her shoulders, looking her in the eyes and encouraging her with spousal support; Pat could read his lips and he was saying things like "you're going to be great. You're beautiful. I love you. Go get em, baby!"

And then she was onstage and on fire and I was thrilled (and happy to be thrilled behind my camera, once more) for the chance to do photos of a bona fide star.

Thank God for Guy Smith.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is FABULOUS!!! those pictures are amazing and your blogs are always a good read!

love you!
a.

1:31 PM  
Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

FABULOUS !

4:18 PM  
Blogger StephenMosher said...

Thanks girls! Love youse!

xoste

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home