Saturday, July 22, 2006

Green With Envy


I hear that there are songwriters who have made public lists of songs they wish they had written. I have decided that, now and then, I am going to show a photo that I wish I had taken. This is one of my beloved friend and certifiable genius, Donna Murphy. I am so proud to be her friend, so proud to have been entrusted to doing photos of her family on many occasions. I have taken (what I believe to be) some of Donna's favourite photos--naturally, any woman with a child is going to love pictures of that child, of her with the child and of her entire family, more than the other photos in her life. Donna's support for my work, her faith in my ability and her friendship has gotten me through many a dark period, validating me as an artist and as a worthwhile human being. I love her more than she can know and I would move heaven and earth for her.

But DANG do I wish I had done this photo! I have no idea who the artist is and if I ever find out, I will make sure to post it; this artist should have their name shouted out loud!

I love doing the honest, natural shots of people at home--but every now and then I wish for a little glamour in my work. This is my friend, the great actress, the great beauty, the great woman, the great glamour queen: Donna Murphy.

please note: i did not take the photo(s) shown in this piece.

4 Comments:

Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

Great pic ,looks like 1 you would do. Listen to this ,last night I introduced the sleepover gals to "Little Girl Who Lived..." Yipes Jody Foster showed her boobys! Upon 1st hearing Ms. Fosters voice Ruby said,"is that a guy"?Omigosh ,my 10 year old has already developed a ga-dar.

1:25 PM  
Blogger StephenMosher said...

.....why did you choose this particular piece for the girls?

The book is one of my favourites; the film is alright but not as good. I love the story. By the way, those aren't Jodie Foster's boobs. Her older sister doubled for her. Notice how the hair covers her face...

Jodie isn't a guy, she is a God!

love ya
ste

11:00 PM  
Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

Honestly ,I tivod it because you mentioned it as a fave on your profile. I figured if it was good enough for you ... The girls LOVED it, and yes I too worship at the church of Jody!

10:17 PM  
Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

Honestly ,I tivod it because you mentioned it as a fave on your profile. I figured if it was good enough for you ... The girls LOVED it, and yes I too worship at the church of Jody!

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home