Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Forget Your Troubles, Come On, Get Happy



I walked into the post office in Fort Worth and approached the counter. It was (in fact) a small, one person operated post office in a small, tiny town in the suburbs of Fort Worth. The lady behind the counter smiled at me and greeted me. I smiled back.

"I would like to buy some stamps, please."

She grinned from ear to ear and grew very excited.

"We have Judy Garland stamps!!"

My world froze. My smile froze. My face froze. I wanted to say

"Is it THAT obvious??!!"

please note: i did not take the photo(s) shown in this piece.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny how that works, isn't it? LOL

Obviously, it was the film-buff vibe you gave off!

11:45 AM  
Blogger StephenMosher said...

Yes! It must be! I am a proud, card carrying film buff; in fact, I fight for equal rights for film buffs!...

;)

Cheers!
ste

12:09 PM  
Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

DANG NAB , gotta git me some of those!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Ste, Just let me know if you ever want to make a pilgrimage to the Gumm family home in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. We'll be happy to take you to Judy's roots.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home