Thursday, March 22, 2007

Can't Win Em All


Thought process during this day:

--I have a little extra money in my pocket, I should download some new music into my Itunes to listen to while traveling next week.

--Elliott Yamin has released a cd! I love Elliott Yamin. I voted for him on American Idol.

--I don't like the cover art. I'm hyper critical about cover art, though.
--Nice beat on this first song.

--Same sound on this second song.

--Does anyone use real drums in the recording studio anymore? Is everything electronic and synthesized? It's so sterile.

--Runs don't make a song.

--All these songs sound the same. I wish it were just Elliott and a three piece combo. Him with a piano, bass and drums would be hot.

--Some of these lyrics are pedestrian.

--Why does this sound like so many of the r&b divas and divos? He's a white boy with his own sound.

--Why's he screaming? He's already got the job.

--That's why he's screaming. All these generic, homogenized arrangements are being blared so loudly that he probably has to put his lips right on the mic while singing.

--Song FOR you. The song is called A Song FOR you. The lyric is 'But we're alone now and I'm singin this song for you.' I don't think Leon Russell would appreciate the change in that lyric; it changes to meaning, the intent of the lyric. Song FOR you, not to you.

--GOD DAMN IT.

--Ten bucks and all those gigs wasted.

--Better luck next time. I know I'll buy that cd, too. I just ...

--GOD DAMN IT

2 Comments:

Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

Too bad,he does have a great voice . I am presently teaching your oldest goddaughter NOT to scream, HMMMM,too bad!

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL... I LOVE this entry!!!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home