Monday, January 01, 2007

A New Life, Strangely Familiar


I am always moved by the start of a new year. It's a time for new chances and for changes. New beginnings. I spent the day, though, not thinking of new beginnings. I know that each day is a new beginning. Instead, I spent the entire day looking at this man, the one in the photo above. He, as it turns out, is the most extraordinary man I have ever known. He chose me, he asked for me and he stayed with me. He has lived through alcoholic tantrums, temper tantrums, nervous breakdowns, oddball eccentricities and overbearing whims. He has ridden my rollercoaster and kept me alive, head above water and breathing. Who says I'm not lucky? If anything, this day, the first day of a new month and a new year, is a perfect day to not only look ahead but to look back over the last twenty years and to recognize that as long as I have my family, Pat and Rachel, I got nuthin to worry 'bout. Life is good.

5 Comments:

Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

I feel ya' dog,that man-o-mine puts up with my eccentricities and fripperies and just loves me more and more! How did we get so lucky? Happy New Year Dearest of adorable friend!!!!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

What a beautiful message, Ste! It was a pleasure to come home to the United States and read such a moving note about Pat. As the Aussies would say, "Good on ya!"

All the best for a wonderful 2007!

Steve

3:44 PM  
Blogger Timothy Hogan said...

Very sweet tribute to the man who loves you. Thanks for all of the kind comments on my site - you're being too nice. It is amazing that people DO love us warts and all Stephen. One of the biggest challenges of my adulthood (eek!) has been to learn to stop wondering why they bother.

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You both are wonderful people. I sent you a card, but it went to a previous address. Sending good thoughts your way.

Steve Graham
Dallas

10:19 PM  
Blogger StephenMosher said...

hey steve!

we think of you often but don't have a contact info for you.

if you want to, please email me at
sweateraid@aol.com

we'd love to reconnect

love
ste

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home