Thursday, October 05, 2006

Brighten Your Darkest Night







For the last several minutes I have been thinking about the headache that I have; I have been thinking about how tired I am. You see, today I was taken emotional hostage by a friend. I seem to have this uncanny ability to bring into my life people who lure me close and then surprise me with their toxicity; and today another one did it. It has been a hellacious experience--one that left me exhausted and crying and laughing simultaneously. And that brings me to now; where I have been thinking about these people, for several minutes. The ones I have written about on this and my other blogs, the ones that my friends tell me that they feel sympathy for me, after reading my blogs.

But I had this other thought. It passed rather quickly, like a Swiffer, as though sent to clean the debris out of my black and blue mind, heart and spirits; leaving a clear view of what is GOOD.

I DO, dear readers, have other friends; wonderful, special, glorious friends who are the friends we all dream of having. These people laugh and cause laughter. They ask and THEN they listen. They are the friends that dreams are made of. We have had holidays, vacations, parties, brunch, walks in the park....even that rare, fair day of just (spontaneously) hanging out. Oh. And some of them have shared themselves with me in a most intimate and individual way--they have been my models without pay.

I don't really have anything profound to say. I don't really have anything to say. I am too...what do the English call it?...KNACKERED. I just want to use this blog entry to pay tribute to just a few of the friends who actually know how to be a friend.

please note: in my portraits above you see Lisa-Gabrielle Greene, Brady Schwind, Karen Mason, Peter Calandra, James Beaman and AJ Triano; some of my brilliant and beautiful friends and models without pay

1 Comments:

Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

What amazing fun we had that day!

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home