Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Simple Are The Ways


Dear Readers.


The fact that I am logged in right now is a miracle since I have been trying to log on to Blogger for a month, without success. By some bizarre miracle, my computer genius spouse, Pat, got me to this dashboard today and I am unsure that I will ever be able to get back to it. So I am taking this opportunity to make this posting so that there will be no mystery about my cyber disappearance, should I not make it back online. I may continue blogging at MySpace or I may stop blogging altogether. If simply logging on is going to be so much work; maybe it is a sign.


Like the sign I got when a stranger attacked me for the last entry I made about racism. Someone I do not know sent me a vehement email in response to the story RACISM IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER. I want to say, today, that I don't blog to be attacked. I have spent much of my life defending myself from bullies, in one form or another. I blog because it makes me happy. I try to write about positive, uplifting topics or humourous topics and, occasionally, about some form of injustice. I wrote the story about Little Black Sambo because I think that the original children's storybook may have been acceptable when it was written but in this day and age it is considered racist to refer to a black person as a Sambo and that it is racist to use the Little Black Sambo illustration anywhere outside of the original aged book for similar reasons. I don't like racism, not being a caucasian myself, and I wanted to write something about it; but to be attacked by a stranger who wanted to know if I would be offended by a non-African American reference isn't something I expected. The answer is yes. I would be offended by racial slurs against anyone, including having someone refer to my white spouse as a honky. I know that if I am going to choose to write in a public forum and express my opinions, then I should be prepared to take my criticism from my detractors. But I cannot help but choose this point of view: this is MY blog, my playground. If you don't like it, go the fuck home. I'm tired of being picked on and bullied and especially by people whose screen names come to me as ANONYMOUS.


So maybe that's another sign. Two signs that I shouldn't blog. There are other signs that I shouldn't blog. A huge lack of readership is another one. They say three strikse, you're out; maybe it is true. That's three.


So, dear LGG and Annalisa and Timothy and all of the lovely people who wrote to me after my story about SUDDENLY LAST SUMMER and my story about Daniel Radcliffe, thank you. Thank you for reading. Thank you for commenting. I will always remember how you supported me and I will always appreciate it. And I may be back to blog again--if I can get out of the bad mood that has been created by outside forces having absolutely nothing to do with me. I truly do not know.


And if I can ever get logged into Google/Blogger again.


Time will just have to tell.


I thank Pat for getting me logged in on this day and


I wish everyone peace.


Stephen Mosher

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it would be ashame if you were run off Blogger by some jerk who doesn't know any better. Here's a suggestion: come join us on Live Journal. You'll get a lot more hits. I know I do. I had not one or two, but three blogs on Blogger and only rarely got a couple of hits. On LJ, I get hundreds. Yes, I write stories about Brian Kinney and Justin Taylor, but still, I bet you'd make a ton of friends and enjoy yoursself a lot more since it's a social networking site. I know we'd love to have you. Just make sure you let us know if you decide to migrate so we can friend you. Your writing is beautiful and you deserve a good place to post it!

Love,

Eileen

8:19 PM  
Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

I hope you don't ever stop writing, Ste. You're a good, decent person with an important voice that deserves to be heard.

9:38 AM  
Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

Hey,sweetie
1st I was so excited when I checked ans found you back in,and now I'm kinda sad. We started this bloggy journey together,and I know who knows,won't you please blog with me again!

2:13 PM  
Blogger StephenMosher said...

Hi LGG, Steve and Eileen!

I was able to log on today and publish your comments and even write a new piece! Maybe this is a good sign that I am back in business.

Thanks for being so sweet to me. It means a REALLY lot.

More soon!
xoste

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my dearest ste,

i remembered today that you had said you were back on blogger, it was such a treat to read your fantastic words again! (btw, i'm sorry i missed meeting your friend yesterday, i didn't even get your vm until i left work at 6pm.. it's been that kind of crazy)

i also wanted to say that it would be a true loss not to have you blog ever again. your words are powerful and your thoughts meaningful and intelligent wonderful people like yourself are the ones who should be putting their ideas out there. counteract the bad and negative.

also, the whole anonymous note leaver thing is the reason why my lj is now friends only. i must know you for you to comment on my stuff. i had a couple really harsh anonymous note leavers and it SO pissed me off. not necessarily because they were harsh, more because they didn't even have the guts to sign their damn names to their vitrol. we deal with enough crap in our real lives, i think we don't need it in our virtual ones.

much love,
a.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home