Tuesday, December 07, 2010

A Christmas Memory: Day Six - A Little Night Music


It was just last year. For months the Broadway community had been all abuzz about the revival of the Sondheim classic A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC. The musical had never been revived on Broadway, since its' first production in the 70s. Now it was being revived with Broadway's greatest star, Angela Lansbury, and a bona fide movie star, Catherine Zeta-Jones. My husband knew that this musical was one of my favourites and we both are (whate we prefer to call) Zeta Boys. So he knew he should get us tickets. Then there is the matter of Miss Angela Lansbury, who may be the most important actress to both of for almost all of our lives. SO. The moment the tickets went on sale, he bought.


The night was saw the show... we were so excited. We could barely contain ourselves. That curtain went up and it was two plus hours of absolute theatrical heaven. So much heaven that, a few days later, when my best friend Brady came to town to see the show, he got tickets for he and I to go!


Brady and I sat in the house seats acquired by my star of a lawyer (and dear friend) Mark Sendroff and WEPT over the show. We were completely beside ourselves.


I blogged about the show. Whenever we were out around town we would walk down that block and look at the photos from the show. In fact, there are pictures taken at about 3 in the morning one night, when we were coming home from a party for Jennifer's birthday, in a snowstorm, outside A Little Night Music. It was a magical Christmas with my beautiful family in New York, in the snow.


Just like the Liza show... I cannot think of Christmas without thinking of A Little Night Music.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, this is Renee. You wrote me a poem years ago...I just came across it while packing to move yet again....you look fabulous, I'm so happy for you...if you think of it, send me a note at rdonatelli125@comcast.net....all the best to you.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home