Saturday, August 07, 2010

The Picture Down the Hall -- The Jewels in the Crown 9

As I sit down to post the last of the Jewel in the Crown series, I realize that there are tons of photos from this shoot that I didn't scan. I mean, there are three huge photo albums full of the proof prints! I guess I may have to open up those books and look and see if there are any images that I like or love enough to spend the time scanning and cleaning them up to post. In the meantime, these are the final images that I have available, that haven't been seen. Almost every beauty who participated is featured here - one or two are missing. We'll see what I can come up with in the future.

One of the things I loved about doing this shoot was that it was summertime and everyone had worked themselves into a frenzy to be bathing suit ready, audition ready, photo shoot ready. And, not only was everyone all covered with muscle and sinew, everyone had been in the sun and had that healthy, tawny look about them.
I loved matching Jennifer's blue eyes with the light jewels and Rob's hazel contacts with the Jade. Jonathan and Grace made a gorgeous couple reminiscent of Antony and Cleopatra (admit it, you see it, too).
Pat has remained one of the few gay men to keep his body hair in a world where more and more gay men are trying to look like 13 year old boys and women. With that movie star hair and his big, manly chest, the combination of onyx and crystal nestled in his Moobs was irresistable;


as irresistable as draping sexy women and gorgeous gems all over Jonathan.



These are photos that were never used because I simply would not allow it. The designer of this line of jewelry seemed to have a racist thing that he was tapping into.. mind you, it was an appreciation - nevertheless, it was racism. He repeatedly wanted to shoot images of Rob that made him look like an Asian prince (his words) and photos of me that made me look like a Cherokee warrior. I guess it is better to have people want you for your race than to to hate you for it; but there comes a point when you want to be more than just your heritage.


These two photos were done to showcase the torquoise. Natch, he didn't want anyone to wear this gemstone but me. So I tried it. I set the camera up and hat Pat do the photos of me.

I was extremely unhappy with the way my muscles came out looking flat; so I vetoed the photos immediately.

Now that I am older, when I look at the photos, what I see is not flat muslce - it is young facial skin tone. That's not nothing. Priorities change when you are staring down the barrel of fifty...


The last photos we took for the shoot was a group girl shoot with these three gorgeous and wonderful women, three of the prettiest girls I have ever seen up close; three of the prettiest girls you could ever hope to see in person.





You can't see it but Kaitlin's hair was auburn at the time. That, mixed with Jen's blonde and Laurelle's black was a delish combo. I was so happy to get to shoot it.


Couldn't you die?











Finally, the last photo of the shoot: the designer of these gorgeous pieces with the three diva beauties. I only wish Grace had been able to stick around so we could get all of the girls with him.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home