Sunday, November 01, 2009

The Body Book: We Had Faces Then

By now, people who read this blog have read about my ongoing battle with Facebook. I have been kicked off of the system five times for posting photos that violate their terms of use. Those terms state, specifically, that photos cannot contain nudity, sexual content, drug use, defamation against a group or person or violence.

So I deleted all of my beautiful artwork from my Facebook profile, preferring, instead, to show it here, on Blogger, where I am free from censorship.

In some of my stories about this battle with Facebook to have my work seen, I have talked about what it is like to shoot the human body; to shoot the human body artistically, beautifully and in non sexual manner. I believe too many people are afraid of this gift God has given us - that people misunderstand it, making it something it is not.

I think the body is a beautiful entity and, even though it IS sexual (and I love that) -- it can also be.....

Romantic, like the photo of the male couple above...

Pure as a mother and child...

Elegant, like a girl with a glove...

Glamourous as a lingerie model...
Masculine as a man in tightie whities...








Feminine, like a girl in a bubble bath...



Sensual as a woman at her repose...

Strong as a woman who walks the walk...







Introspective as a tumultous duo...


Dramatic as a girl rockin' a sequin evening gown...










Artistic as a male model werqin his looks

Handsome as a man who doesn't have to try to be sexy...











Stalwart as a guy who knows what he stands for...
Sexy as a man who isn't afraid to be vulnerable...
















The human body is a natural thing - nothing about which to feel shame or discomfort. I guess it is social conditioning that makes people think that there is anything wrong with it; I'm glad I don't fit into that mold. In fact, as much as I love the body, as an entity and as an artist's inspiration, I always find the body beautiful even more so when it is attached to

A pretty

Face















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home