Sunday, November 01, 2009

The Body Book: Details

Here are some of the body shots I have done where the focus is on some detailed part of the body, rather than a long shot where the entire person can be seen; yet they aren't really what I would call anatomical landscapes.

They're just different views of that which we see, every day.


This photo of Laurelle with the chain around her waist was actually shot for a jewelry line -- some of the shots from this session went over very well with the designer and the company. This one of her tiny waist with the jewelry on it was just tame enough for them -- that could not be said about some of the other shots I did for the campaign.


It's hard to get a nice picture of the male leg. It has to be done just right. This is one of the shots I've liked over the years.

There is a reason underwear models have the bodies they have. Right?

The version of this photo with two men was one of the photos that did NOT go over well with the company.


The models in this foot photo had this idea; it was not my own. They did it and I shot it and when they were able to pull apart, one said "that hurt like a WHORE!"


This juxtaposing photo of two hands was somewhat easier for the models. I should know. One of the hands is my own and the other is my beloved grandmother. This was the last time I would see her alive.








The picture of Laurelle in the black evening gown, flexing her bicep, was my idea - I love contradiction.
During the photo shoot with the interlaced feet, one of the models insisted that the other man's toes were so cute... that they looked like grapes. Natch, I had to make them the focus of at least one photo.








Here we have two different examples of how the body in a pair of undies can be lovely, elegant, landscaping, without being sexual or lascivious.












It makes it sexier if you can just see a LITTLE of the face along with the bits of body that show...














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home