Saturday, August 28, 2010

Love Is In The Air


I would like to dedicate my blog today to my neighbours.
Pat and I have lived in our building for 17 years. For many of them, we have been friends with Heather, who lived in the building next door. We have had game nights and holidays at her place and she has come to ours for the same. We have shared stories, opinions, secrets, laughs and friends. We have gone to see every show of hers that we have been able to and we have cheered her success.
She is our family.
In the building on the other side of ours, these many years, was a man named Brian. Often, we would see him coming and going, pass him on the street, nod hello. After a few years someone introduced us and we became friendly neighbours. The same thing happened when Heather and Brian met; they became friendly neighbours. And as the time passed, neither of them told the other that they really, really liked each other.
One day, one of them spoke up.
And the neighbourhood was all giddy because Heather in that building was dating Brian from that building and weren't they a perfect couple?
And they truly were.
In an hour Pat and I are leaving for their wedding. We watched their romance blossom and we championed their couplehood and, in this happiest of days for all who know them, we get to see them united in holy matrimony.
I feel very blessed to know them and to have witnessed their love affair.
I don't even have a photo of them together... Can you believe that? Only the headshots that I did of them before retiring.
Well... Maybe I'll get one at the wedding.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you: the adorable couple.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deep Dish said...

They make a very cute couple, Ste. Hope you had a wonderful time at their wedding!

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home