Saturday, March 08, 2008

Tale of Two Girlfriends

This week my girlfriend had a birthday. I don't know which one it was because it isn't polite to ask a lady her age. To me, she is ageless... an ageless beauty, an ageless talent (or one should say a talent for the ages!), and an ageless friend. She can be as young and goofy as her young daughter or she can be as mature and serious as the consumate professional she is. She is many things and everything - most of all, to me, she is just my girlfriend, Donna... the genius who is a real person. She has enriched my life by being my friend but also by inspiring me to great artwork (which I won't actually print here because it is usually photos with her family). She is a great gal and a great friend and, good golly Gussie, am I glad she was born.. And speaking of girlfriends...

I have a few close ones and one of the ones that I am most often on the phone with was on the phone with me today. We were talking about her wedding in three months and the big reception afterward. Her name is Annalisa and she is marrying a man named Matthew. I know Matthew and I have deep affection for him -- he will be a great husband, as she will be a great wife. We've been getting ready for this wedding for awhile and it is coming to a head with great excitement!

Nothing, for me (til the present time) has been more exciting than today, when (after months of being aware of the upcoming nuptials) I realized what her married name is going to be and started screaming into the phone.


"YOU'LL BE MRS GARRETT!!!!!! YOU'LL BE MRS GARRETT!!!!!! "

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so i'm all workin and i decided to take a break to eat and remembered that you had said you were updating blogger a lot and as it's one i can read from work, i thought i'd come on here and see what you had been up to...

and then i read this and started laughing my ass off. i'm so glad that this amuses you so much. you know i'm not officially changing my name, right? but if it makes you so happy, you are more than welcome to call me that :)

OH! and i saw donna in a movie i rented the other night called "ira and abby"... she had a small part, but she was radiant... as always.

i just adore you, ste.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home