Monday, July 03, 2006

Tropical Nights

Just a bit of brevity. Not one of the long ones which the readers of my other blogs have come to expect from me, just an observation....

I am in my home office and have decided, recently, to shut off my ipod (to which I have become addicted)--the playlists are just too easy to fall victim to and I, rarely, hear a cd from beginning to end! A cd is a journey and is meant to be experienced, at least occasionally, from start to finish. Also, I feel like cds are like jewelry or suits: they must be taken out, occasionally, and appreciated, touched, loved. The same goes for books.

So I got down my Caselogic filled with my soundtracks from movie musicals (including compilation soundtracks like BOOGIE NIGHTS or WAITING TO EXHALE, as opposed to actual movie musicals like SINGIN IN THE RAIN or WEST SIDE STORY). Daily, I place five cds into the stereo system in the office and let them play, randomly. I have done THE ADVENTURES OF PRISCILLA QUEEN OF THE DESERT, DOCTOR DOLITTLE, YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN, CABARET, XANADU, BEAUTIFUL THING, THE LITTLE MERMAID, THE WIZARD OF OZ, WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY, TOPSY TURVY,1776, PETE'S DRAGON, BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS, PETER'S FRIENDS, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF and BAGDAD CAFE. And there is one other that has prompted me to write the following.

WHAT is this THING called SOUTH PACIFIC with Glenn Close? I worship the woman but OH! NO!!!!

Lord Have Frikkin Mercy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home