Friday, July 09, 2010

Thoughts on a Treadmill

This morning, at the gym, I couldn't help noticing that every tv in the place that wasn't on Saved By the Bell, Cosby or The Golden Girls was on a new station. And what were these news stations talking about? I'll tell you - as well as my thoughts on these things...

It's hot.

ummm... IT'S. SUMMER.

LeBron James

Could we PLEASE end the oversaturation of LeBron? For days it was all about 'which team will he pic?'; now, it's all about 'he picked!' O. KAY. We get it! Now could we please talk about something else?! The public is gonna be sick of him before he even plays his first game!

A bunch of people were snubbed at the Emmy noms.

Tough. Not everybody gets a shot at the brass ring. SOMETIMES you do; SOMETIMES you don't. It just wasn't their turn. It's somebody ELSE'S turn right now. Let us not diminish the validity of the nominees by suggesting they stole a nomination from another actor. It's just a gold statue. Plate.

Lindsay Lohan

Ok, girlie. It's over. Why don't you just pull yourself together like Drew Barrymore did, like Britney Spears did, like a LOT of other people did ... or just die already. Go the Dana Plato route. Be the tragic Hollywood figure. Just stop fa-REAKIN boring us with these petty, juvenile, infantile, idiotic games of yours. I mean, REALLY; writing a subliminal F U to the judge on your fingernail? What is the MATTER with you?! I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for you. Here's a girl who has had EVERY advantage. A child actor with mad skills who grows up into a ravishing beauty with mad skills. So what does she do? She blows it. She blows it ALL. It's just been one mess after another and now I read she is asking a million dollars for her first interview post jailtime. Well I think the press should all write on THEIR fingernails and the message should be in all caps, just to be clear. I loved her. Now I don't. If she cleans up her act, maybe she can win back my heart; but for now, my feelings are simple:

Get.

Permanently.

Lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home